Handy checklists and tips to help you plan your trip without forgetting a thing.
With so many things to remember before you travel, it’s sometimes hard to know where to start. Let Savvi Travel give you a helping hand with our hassle-free Holiday checklist. We’ve put together a great list of reminders to help reduce the stress of packing and preparing for your trip.
Our packing lists are designed for your peace of mind – so you can leave on your trip well prepared.
Airline ticket or E-ticket
Reservation numbers: hotel and car rental
Money: both local and foreign currency
Driving License ( if renting a car)
Tip: Call your bank and let them know exactly where you’re travelling to and the dates you’ll be gone to avoid having your credit/debit card declined.
Tip: Always save any samples you pick up at stores to take with you or buy travel size bottles and fill them with your favourite products. And to avoid unwanted leaks, place liquids in re-sealable plastic bags.
Tip: It’s always a good idea to pack a light sweater or a shawl for cool nights.
Tip: To keep clothes from creasing, roll instead of folding them and place tissue paper between your delicates.
iPod or CD player
Recharging equipment for electrical equipment, i.e. mobile, camera
Tip: Electrical appliances in the US work at 110 volts – while most countries in the world use 220 – 240 volts. Always have an adapter or converter handy.
Before you travel:
- Find out if you or any of your party needs a visa to travel, this should be done well in advance as visa’s can sometimes take weeks to process.
- Ensure that you and all your party all have EHIC-European Health Insurance Cards, and that all the details are correct.
- Find out whether vaccinations or medications are required and make the necessary appointments.
- Confirm details of travel arrangements to and from the airport.
Two weeks before you travel:
- Order your foreign exchange: currency and currency cards.
- For top travel tips, purchase a guide book about the area you are visiting.
- Visit the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for travel advice about the country you are visiting.
One week before you travel:
- Ensure you have received all tickets and paperwork from your travel company.
- Upload copies of your travel documents, including passports, driving licences, visa, insurance policies and itineraries onto MyOnlineSafe.com
Three days before you travel:
- Confirm luggage weights and sizes with your airline. Take a look at the UK airport baggage restrictions for a guide to what is permitted.
- Plan your route from home to the airport, ensuring you have all the contact details for the airport hotel or car park you are staying at, and the airline you are flying with.
- Leave your house keys and contact details abroad with a trusted friend or relative.
- If you have a house alarm, ensure a trusted neighbour has the details or the alarm company if necessary.
One day before you travel:
- Sort out your hand luggage – see our ‘Hand luggage – what to pack’ guide.
- Prepare some drinks and snacks for the journey.
- If you are driving to the airport, fill the car with petrol, check tyre pressures and oil levels, etc.
- Reconfirm your flight times with the airline.
The day of travel:
- Check with your airline for flight delays.
- Put all tickets, visas, foreign exchange and passports safely in a travel belt or bag, and keep these documents with you at all times.
- Check all electrical appliances are switched off and unplugged.
- In winter, turn the water off at the mains to prevent the pipes from freezing.
- Securely lock all windows and doors…
And finally make sure you have a great holiday!